Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Oi Vei, Maria! Mel Gibson gets pixielated!

ACTUALLY, I was going to say "Ave Maria", to hail a fairly new blogger who has come to my notice, but I can never resist even a second or third-hand pun, and feel inclined to throw in the odd Yiddishism when I can since I learned it upsets Big Dave over at the Engage site.

"Red Maria" lurks beneath the surface of the Dolphinarium, her movements somewhat mysterious till she suddenly leaps out to our gasps of admiration, with her witty and well-informed comment on goings-on in institutions such as the Roman Catholic Church or the Labour Party.

I liked the remark about Mel Gibson, maker of "The Passion of Jesus Christ" giving vent to antisemitic spleen when stopped for drunken driving.
As one aquatic creature put it: "He's an SSPXer, who's surprised?". Indeed. The last time I met a PXie - about three years ago - he turned out to be swivel-eyed Holocaust Denier and David Irving groupie.

I'm not sure but I think you pronounce that "Pixie", so guess it gives fresh meaning to the term "pixilated".

"In vino veritas", as any SSPXer would understand. I've looked up the SSPX, and it's the Society of Saint Pius X, founded by Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre, who led the fight to uphold the Latin Mass (what's the good of prayer if anyone can understand it?). The Society's British website describes it as a priestly fraternity, founded in 1969 "to provide training for the Catholic priesthood without any trace of modernist doctrine, morals or worship".
http://www.sspx.co.uk/people.php?personid=18
In France it seems to appeal to those of a Vichyite persuasion and Jean-Marie Le Pen's Front National has a soft spot for it.
http://www.searchlightmagazine.com/index.php?link=template&story=16

Red Maria deserves to be Read Maria because her comments on Catholic matters are not those of an ill-informed outsider like me, and besides she writes lightly and amusingly. That's not to say she doesn't express firm opinions, whether on the courage of human rights dissidents in China; or on the drip, drip, drip of "leaks" from the police here whenever they feel the need to lie and discredit anyone they have let down, shot, or otherwise mistreated.
http://dolphinarium.blogspot.com/

I probably won't always agree with Maria (indeed I have a funny feeling we have crossed swords already in another place or two), but then I rarely agree on everything with anybody. I have no hesitation in recommending her Dolphinarium blog, and I am providing a link to it.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 2:30 AM, Blogger Red Maria said...

Thank you for your kind comments, Charlie.

All clever aquatic creatures consider the Random Pottins blog a must-read.

Once we at The Dolphinarium can figure out the links function on our blog - or get someone to do it for us - expect to see Random Pottins added to our links.

In the meantime, we send fraternal greetings and ask you to think of our friend, human-rights activist, Chen Guangcheng, who is a few weeks into his four-year prison sentence.

FREE CHEN GUANGCHENG!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home